Here’s all the info you need to know to get you and your player through the rest of August successfully. Get connected and stay up to date with what’s going on in the program!
Communication and Information
- Parents – Please be proactive about getting all of the program information that is out there for you. You must sign up to receive our e-newsletters by going to http://www.kentlakefootball.com/ and entering your e-mail address in the box provided on the home page. Email the booster club (not the coaches) at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow Kentlake Football Booster Club on Facebook and Twitter.
- Players – You should be on “Hudl”, getting messages directly from the coaches.
August 14 – Online Fall Football registration NOW PAST DUE!
- Don’t be the guy who isn’t eligible to play because he didn’t get his paperwork in! Get it done today. Register here: https://www.familyid.
com/programs/kentlake-2017- 2018-fall-athletic- registration
- We were recently informed that the athletics office will not be open until 8/30. An updated eligibility list was sent to your player on Hudl. If you have questions about your player’s eligibility, go into the KL main office. They are open daily from 10am-12pm, and 1pm-3pm.
August 14 – Fall Camp (“2-a-days”) lunch money due
- We are asking all families to contribute $25 for their son to partake in team lunches during Fall Camp. Please send in a check to the first day of Fall Camp, made to “KLFBC”, or use the payment system link: https://
- If your player has special dietary needs or allergies, have them bring their own lunch daily, as we will plan meals for the masses. Thank you for understanding.
August 16 – Fall Camp (“2-a-days”) starts
- Fall Camp is 5 days: Wed. August 16th through Sat. the 19th, and Monday the 21st. 8am-6pm, all day. Daily schedule here: http://www.kentlakefootball.com/
wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ Fall-Camp-Schedule-2017- Posted.pdf
- Fall Camp counts as practices, which players need to be league-eligible to play in the first games.
- PRO TIP: Bring snacks daily, and bring a camp chair or blanket, so you can relax during down time. Note that the booster club is providing eclipse glasses for all players on 8/21.
August 16 – E-mail lists for HUDL fundraiser due (bring to Fall Camp)
- This is our one direct-ask fundraiser of the year (nothing to sell) and using Hudl means 97% of the money goes directly to our organization (as opposed to some other online giving companies who take a big cut!). We are currently raising money to pay off the last of the new uniforms purchased for this year. This fundraiser will also help pay for our normal operating costs for the season.
- Each player needs to bring this list, filled out, when they report to Fall Camp on Wednesday: http://www.kentlakefootball.com/
wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ HUDL-launch-email-list.pdf. We will send out a direct-ask e-mail to those on the list, requesting monetary donations. We will also have printed letters available for those who think a grandparent or someone else might prefer to receive the ask that way. All donations are tax deductible, as KL Football Booster Club is a 501(c)3 group. Hudl will email a tax receipt to all who donate online. Go Falcons!
August 19 – Team pictures during Fall Camp
- Print out order form here: http://www.kentlakefootball.com/
- Send form and payment to Fall Camp on 8/19.
August 22-30 – Regular practices. 3-6 pm. M-F.
August 22 – Team Discount card blitz (after practice).
- On Tuesday, August 22nd, we won’t be done until 8 pm, since players will be participating in a second discount card sales blitz. We still have over 100 cards to sell.
- Parents, if you haven’t purchased a discount card yet, and you want one, email email@example.com asap!
- We’re especially relying on the players who didn’t participate in the June blitz to participate on the 22nd. Bring a change of clothes. Food will be provided for all players who stay.
- If players are again unable to participate on the 22nd, they are expected to “buy out” for $100 online here: http://www.kentlakefootball.com/
- If you have questions about whether or not your player already participated, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 26 – Mandatory Parent Meeting, Breakfast, and Team Scrimmages
- 9am-1pm. All teams and their families. This is our big jamboree day, when we come together as a community and get pumped for the upcoming season, so invite your friends and neighbors! Enjoy breakfast, make connections with the booster club, meet other KL football families, hear from Coach Thompson about how the program is run, purchase some spirit wear, have fun playing some lawn games, hear the amazing KL pep band, watch some football, cheer on the players, and enjoy the day! BRING YOUR WALLET, because we’re going to have some AWESOME raffles throughout the day, including a “sideline pass” to watch one game right alongside the coaches and players!
- The breakfast will include pancakes, sausage, juice and coffee. Cost for breakfast is only $20/family of five, if you prepay by August 25th, or $5 per person at the door. Pre-pay link: http://www.kentlakefootball.com/
- Sign up to help make it a good day! http://www.signupgenius.com/
August 31 – School Starts! 7:40am-2:20pm (new district schedule)
- Players will have 10 minutes to get out to the field for practice, which starts at 2:30.
- Watch for more info coming on practice times, but it will most likely run until 4:30 or 5:00pm.
September 1 – Friday Night Lights! First varsity game at 7pm at French Field!
Booster Club Meetings
We usually meet every month at KL, starting in September. Please come join in! The teams rely on parents to get involved and lend a helping hand for meals, special events, and much more. Many hands make light work, and we’d love to see every player represented. We especially need some incoming freshman families to get involved, and keep the booster club going into the future!
Know any local businesses who might like to advertise in our game-day program? Please forward them this information! http://www.kentlakefootball.com/
We are looking forward to a great season ahead with the entire Falcon Family! Thank you, and GO FALCONS!
Kentlake Falcons Football Booster Club